This product lowers pH and the total alkalinity of swimming pool water. The ideal pH range is 7.4 – 7.6. A pH in this range will allow sanitizers to work effectively, prevent scale build-up on sensitive equipment, and reduce eye irritation and skin dryness.
Read entire label and use in accordance with precautionary statements and directions for use. Buyer assumes all responsibility for safety and use not in accordance with precautionary statements and directions for use.
HOW TO LOWER PH BEFORE ADDING THIS PRODUCT TO THE POOL OR SPA:
1. Measure pH of the pool water with a reliable test kit or strip.
2. Use table below to determine the correct dosage of this product to add to your pool one pound = approximately 1.5 cups.
|Dosage of This Product in Ounces|
|Pool Volume||pH 7.6 – 7.9||pH 8.0 – 8.4||pH Above 8.4|
|2,500 Gallons||2 oz||4 oz||6 oz|
|5,000 Gallons||4 oz||8 oz||12 oz|
|10,000 Gallons||8 oz||16 oz||24 oz|
|20,000 Gallons||16 oz||32 oz||48 oz|
HOW TO ADD THIS PRODUCT TO THE POOL:
1. Ensure the circulation system is on and functioning.
2. Broadcast this product evenly over the entire pool surface.
3. Re-test water and add more product, if needed, after 4 hours.
CAUTION: Do not add this product into skimmer, near underwater lights, near metal ladders or near metal fixtures. Do not add water to this product, always add this product into water.
HOW TO ADD THIS PRODUCT YOUR SPA:
1. Broadcast over entire spa surface while the water is circulating.
2. If pH is between 7.7 – 8.0 add 1/4 ounce pH Minus (2 Teaspoons) for every 500 gallons of water. If pH is greater than 8.0, add one-half ounce (4 Teaspoons) for every 500 gallons of water.
3. Wait 30 minutes and retest. If pH remains high, then repeat treatment until pH is in the proper range.
Call Us: 1-800-678-7665
Fill out the form below and someone will be in touch with you next business day.