In this video, we show you how to replace an In-ground Swimming Pool Pump.
If you need more help, we also have a step-by-step guide for you below:
- Turn off the breaker that supplies power to the pump and then disconnect the wires at the back of the pump. Safety First.
- Close the shut off valves at the front of the pump as well as the return on the filter. This will keep the water from coming through.
- Remove the pipe at the top as well as the one in front of the pump. The motor should then be free.
- Check the new fittings and make sure the O-ring is in place before installing them.
- Put the new motor in place and connect the top and front fittings.
- Reconnect the wires at the back of the pump. Be sure to check the diagram on the motor for proper wiring.
- Flip the breaker back to the on position.
- Open the valves and filter return. And, just like that, you’re good to go!