How to Maintain Your SunSalt Salt Water Pool System
How to Maintain Your SunSalt Salt Water Pool SystemOur Sunsalt System comes with a cell and control box. The Sunsalt salt cell converts pool salt to a low level of chlorine and cycles it back into salt.
- Test and balance your pool water at home or bring a sample into one of our locations for a free water test.
- Add a stabilizer to a level of 50-80ppm. Check again monthly.
- It’s important to keep metals out of your salt water system with Phosphate Remover and Metal Control.
- Use Salt Test Strips on your pool water and follow the chart in your Pool Owner’s Guide to see the correct salt level needed for your pool.
- Weekly – Check pH levels, add Algaecide to prevent algae growth, and add Shock.
- Monthly – Check salt, alkalinity, stabilizer, and calcium levels with a regular water testing strip.
- At the end of your first pool season and at the beginning of each subsequent pool season, make sure to soak your salt cell with diluted vinegar.
In need of more assistance? Bring a water sample to any one of our 5 locations for a free water test. Our chemical specialists will be happy to help you achieve crystal clear water. Shop our Swimming Pool Chemicals Here